Tailored to Your Tech Stack
According to a recent report based on ManpowerGroup survey, nearly 70% of companies are reporting talent shortages. “As U.S. employers face the highest skills shortages in over a decade, the relationship between employer and employee is shifting,” said Becky Frankiewicz, President of ManpowerGroup North America. Nowhere is this more prevalent than within commercial engineering and software development teams.
We understand that as competition for top talent increases so too does the time and cost to build new teams. We have been working with commercial software companies for over 20 years. Many of our consultants are former architects, senior developers, and product managers from successful SaaS companies.
Collectively we have launched over 100 commercial software applications across a diverse set of industries and use cases. We know that developing solutions for commercial software requires a different mindset than developing solutions for corporate customers. When working with commercial software companies we provide either direct application development support for developing new features and new products, or we provide ancillary services with the goal of handling internal IT/engineering requests in order to keep the core engineering team focused on delivering product.
“Waterloo Data quickly assembled a cross functional team with deep skills in cloud native AWS applications, microservice architecture, and responsive web application design and development. They took an initial proof-of-concept we developed internally and turned it into a full scale, production application within 16 weeks to the delight of our customer.”Trevor DunhamVice President, Voiant Group
When working with commercial software companies we provide either direct application development support for developing new features and new products, or we provide ancillary services with the goal of handling internal IT/engineering requests in order to keep the core engineering team focused on delivering product. Some of the solutions we have developed include:
- Full stack development, dev/ops, and QA across a wide range of platforms and technologies
- Managed service data warehouse and analytics platforms that free up valuable engineering resources to focus on core product development while we handle the reporting, dashboards, and data science work
- Embedded BI solutions that are customer facing and multi-tenant
- Data integration/migration across Salesforce, Netsuite, ZenDesk, Recurly, and others
- Fraud detection, predictive analytics for customer churn analysis, 360-degree view of customer, customer lifetime value analysis, etc.
- Supporting acquisitions by creating data strategies that align data sources from newly acquired companies with legacy data infrastructure
- Accounting/Finance solutions to support reconciliation and financial forecasting